ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 - ArcGIS Pro 2.1 BUG: Python function CreateWebLayerSDDraft

01-19-2018 11:39 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - I've just began to notice that when I have layers in a Pro 2.0.1 or Pro 2.1 map that have a relationship, the related information from the one layer with a relate is then added to the second layer that does not have a relate when running the python function:

arcpy.mp.CreateWebLayerSDDraft()

In my example, I have 2 layers in an ArcPro 2.1 map and project.  Parcels and a related Property table, and a second layer, Neighborhood Associations.  When I create teh sddraft for Neighborhood Associations, it now contains the related info from both the Parcels AND its related table.  I was able to discover this by parsing out the sddraft's xml:

<PropertySetProperty xsi:type='typens:PropertySetProperty'>
 <Key>PackageLayerList</Key>
 <Value xsi:type='xs:string'>CIMPATH=planning/prod_gis_neighborhoodview.xml</Value>
 </PropertySetProperty>
  <PropertySetProperty xsi:type='typens:PropertySetProperty'>
 <Key>DependantTableList</Key>
 <Value xsi:type='xs:string'>EXTERNALPATH=PROD::PROD.GIS.BuildingDetails|EXTERNALPATH=PROD::PROD.GIS.PROPERTY</Value>
 </PropertySetProperty>

and by then simply looking at the hosted feature layer after I run the update:

My Neighborhood Associations layer now contains Parcels and it's related tables a layers.  That can't be right, and this started happening with the patch release at 2.0.1 as near as I can tell. 

You can also see this with our utility water system valves here:

https://sarco.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=cf962eed5cd3478b8bf71839db8ec423#overview

In this case, the arcpy.mp.CreateWebLayerSDDraft() function thinks that all these layers are related through attachments.

This is happening to any layer that has any relate or attachment relate.  I have tried sourcing both our 10.5.1 Enterprise SQL or File GDB.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

My guess is most people aren't sharing layers up to AGOL or Portal with this method, and while I haven't found a solution I do have a workaround - place any layers that contain any type of relate into separate Pro map frames as a single map with a single layer.

0 Kudos