ArcGIS Pro 1.3 crashes on startup (since installation - never started )

09-14-2016 04:11 AM
RaresRotar
New Contributor II

Windows Event Viewer:

Application: ArcGISPro.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at ArcGIS.Desktop.Internal.Framework.IPortalManagerService.IsPortal(System.String)
at ArcGIS.Desktop.Internal.Core.SignOn+<>c__DisplayClass6d.<IsPortal>b__6c()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler.TryExecuteTaskInline(System.Threading.Tasks.Task, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.TryRunInline(System.Threading.Tasks.Task, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WrappedTryRunInline()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InternalWait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResultCore(Boolean)
at ArcGIS.Desktop.Internal.Core.LicenseManager+<>c__DisplayClass1.<GetLicensingPortalSource>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[ArcGIS.Desktop.Internal.Core.LicenseManager+PortalSource, ArcGIS.Desktop.Core, Version=11.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

13 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Carlos,

If you get a crash on starting a new map, most likely crash is occurring on initialization of view.  This probably means GPU problems.

Two things to try:

1.  update your GPU driver from manufacturer (of card if desktop, of laptop if laptop).  e.g. Nvidia or Dell.

2.  Try switching to OpenGL in Project->Options->Display.

0 Kudos
CarlosMartinez2
New Contributor III

Changed to OpenGL, no changes, still crashes.  
Checked the drivers for my GPU (Quadro K5000), no updates available.    

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Ugh.  OK can you please contact Esri Support directly with details?  They'll have you give a report of machine config and send in any crash reports you have received.

They will also want to retry the installation of the microsoft patch (maybe with installer logging turned on) so they can see why it fails to install.

CarlosMartinez2
New Contributor III

Seems like it's gotten to that point, doesn't it?  I typically come here first since my company blocks all screen sharing and Premium Support typically needs to share screens, but I guess I have no other alternative at this point.  Meh.  

0 Kudos