Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 1.1 Beta: Tasks

Jump to solution
05-21-2015 07:44 AM
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

I was working with ArcPro 1.1 beta: Tasks yesterday and noticed that moving around in tasks is kind of picky. There is no 'OK' button on the Task Designer pane for when you are done setting up a step. The tutorial online doesn't say much about that either, i just clicked the 'X' to close it out, which then closes the designer completely. I think that this should be a little bit more intuitive, maybe this is something that someone else has already posted about, I didn't perform a search first. Anyways as I come across bugs and glitches or areas that I feel should or could be fixed i will post about it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your feedback, William. Also, feel free to post your ideas to http://ideas.arcgis.com/ as this enables other users to support and promote them. -Kirsten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your feedback, William. Also, feel free to post your ideas to http://ideas.arcgis.com/ as this enables other users to support and promote them. -Kirsten

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Tasks, like other project items in Pro do not have an OK button. Saving the project would save the task (just like saving changes to your map).

You can always undo and roll back design operation.

Clicking on the Task Designer 'X' dialog button does closes the pane (just like any other pane)

While we feel using tasks is very intuitive and requires very little training (if at all), designing a task requires good knowledge of the workflow and the software.

These videos might help:

ArcGIS Pro: Authoring Tasks - YouTube

Video Link : 2518

Thanks for the feedback,

Amir

WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

Amir,

Thank you for the reply, and I'm aware of the workflow and steps involved with performing certain tasks in ArcGIS software community, and Tasks in ArcGIS Pro 1.1 Beta. I was simply pointing out an area that seemed like it needed polishing from a users perspective. I also found the beta testers forum for these kind of posts. You are correct that Tasks in Pro are intuitive, in general, and what questions I did have I found answers for in the help. I do however still feel that a positive interaction with the software by the user once they have finished creating a task or step would allow the user to feel that the software has accepted it and that there are no errors with what they have created. I could feel this way because Tasks feels more like a tool than another type of object in ArcPro and all the tools that I have interacted with have a 'Run' or an 'OK' or 'Submit' button of some type in the bottom of the panel. Again, this is just my personal opinion as a user.

Will

0 Kudos