Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcgis Pro Authorisation problem

Jump to solution
05-16-2015 07:59 AM
MahmoudAlwa
Deactivated User

I have installed Arcgis Pro pre-release and I have authorised it to work offline.. After some weeks I have uninstalled it and later I have Installed Arcgis pro v1.. Now when I try to start it, I got the message that I have authorised arcgis pro to work offline with another Computer!!! I do not have another Computer!!! How can I fix this problem.. (uninstall and install did not work)..

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YovavZohar1
Deactivated User

Hi Mahmud,

Right now, the only way to revoke lost ArcGIS Pro License, is to file a request to the ESRI Tech Support.

If there's a need to change any installation files (usually in the user profile), you'll be instructed by the support team.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have seen warnings to release your license before uninstalling.

Your ArcGIS Online administrator can release your license from his AGOL admin control panel.

0 Kudos
MahmoudAlwa
Deactivated User

Did not work .

any more information about that.. thanks

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If that doesn't work, uninstall the new version, install the old version, log into AGOL, and see if you can release the license. If that doesn't work, contact Esri support.

0 Kudos
MahmoudAlwa
Deactivated User

thanks for your help.. Finally I uninstalled Arcgis Pro..

I do not know why the administrator have no possiblity to re-release or even delete the licence for some members.. May be there is a cashed file in my Computer.. It is very bad ...

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think there is a cookie that gets put on your computer that can't be given back after you uninstall.

Clearly Esri and users need to get this figured out.

0 Kudos
YovavZohar1
Deactivated User

Hi Mahmud,

Right now, the only way to revoke lost ArcGIS Pro License, is to file a request to the ESRI Tech Support.

If there's a need to change any installation files (usually in the user profile), you'll be instructed by the support team.

MahmoudAlwa
Deactivated User

thanks for your answer.. If you have an organisation with a lot of members then it's not good to contact Tech Support to do something for you .. Hope that will change in the comming arcgis pro..