Animation of netCDF file using Make Multidimensional Raster Layer

Jump to solution
12-22-2021 06:24 AM
JRobin
by
New Contributor II

I am new to the use of netCDF (.nc) data. I am attempting to create an animation from a netCDF (.nc) file containing flood velocity data at a uniform time step. If I use the "Make NetCDF Raster Layer" I am able to create raster snapshots at each time increment which correctly show the velocity data at those increments, verifying that the netCDF file contains the necessary data. When I attempt to create an animation using the "Make Multidimensional Raster Layer" as an intermediate step, I am able to generate the multidimensional raster, but when attempting to visualize the data it is blank. I am attempting to visualize it through the animation bar that appears when the layer is selected.  I have not had any luck using the built in animation tools, either.

Are there resources available to help troubleshoot this issue? The file I am working with is included in this post.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Once I execute Make Multidimensional Raster Layer (Multidimension)—ArcGIS Pro, I am able to animate the Multidimensional Raster Layer (Animation video attached). Tool parameters can be seen on the right.

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Once I execute Make Multidimensional Raster Layer (Multidimension)—ArcGIS Pro, I am able to animate the Multidimensional Raster Layer (Animation video attached). Tool parameters can be seen on the right.

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0

Think Location
JRobin
by
New Contributor II

Thank you @JayantaPoddar! I appear to have been making a simple mistake. It is working in 2.9.2.

0 Kudos