Allow Assignment of Unique Numeric IDs for Sharing Web Layers Issue

10-18-2018 06:08 AM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3, I am having an issue with allowing the assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers. In the past, when having that option selected in the data frame properties, I was able to add new layers to the map, re-publish it and everything would be maintained within my Portal web maps.

All of a sudden, it appears that is no longer working. When re-publishing feature services with that option checked, it now re-assigns layer IDs to the new layer that I added and any layers below it. So if there are 10 layers, and I add a new layer 8th from the top, it will re-assign layer IDs from layers 8-11.

I didn't have this issue in the past, but now I am. I noticed that the layer ID in ArcGIS Pro for all of my layers is -1. Would that have something to do with the issue I'm having? When I've done this in the past in ArcMap, it would assign a different number and not just -1.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

It looks like this was fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.

In the map properties, there is now a box to check to allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers:

AdrianWelsh_0-1637795933728.png

I tried republishing a web map after adding new layers to it recently and get this error number of 00374 about this.

Now if you look at the properties of one of your layers, you will see where you can assign your layer ID:

AdrianWelsh_1-1637796078560.png

0 Kudos