align features

07-16-2019 02:27 PM
EmilyBurson
New Contributor II

How do I simply align the edges of two polygons in ArcGIS pro? I digitized them and the lines don't match up perfectly, but there must be a better way than to go and edit all individual vertices by hand.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Emily, thanks for the question. Looks like this question might benefit from being moved to the ArcGIS Pro space on GeoNet in order to find the right community experts to help with your question. If you are happy to move it or need help to do that then let me know. 

0 Kudos
EmilyBurson
New Contributor II

Thanks, how do I move it?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This document in our GeoNet Resource Hub should cover the steps you need Moving Content‌. If you need me to do it on your behalf then just let me know. Happy to help. 

EmilyBurson
New Contributor II

There was no list of actions on the right side of my screen. I found a Gear drop down menu next to my question but the only options are "Following", "Share", and "Bookmark". I would like to learn. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry that didn't work Emily and thanks for your patience in working through this and wanting to learn. Here is an alternative:

• Click the edit icon top right in your question view
  • Scroll to the section called Publish Location under your question content.
  • Where it says GeoNet Resouce Hub click on the Change text to the right of this and type in ArcGIS Pro until you find the match for that.
  • Then scroll to the bottom and click Update.

Let me know if you're still having issues. 

EmilyBurson
New Contributor II

Awesome, that worked.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad we got there in the end. I'll go back and review our documentation on this to ensure the workflow is correct. We have lots of other help documents in our GeoNet Resource Hub‌ that you might find useful in the future!

edmeehan
New Contributor II

Hi Louise, where was the answer to this question posted? I am currently experiencing the same issue

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever tried this operation in ArcMap?  Or are you new to GIS with Pro?

0 Kudos