Select to view content in your preferred language

Align (annotation) point features to line?

10-27-2022 12:06 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

I feel like this exists, and I'm missing it. I have several annotation labels that I'm looking to align to an edge. It's a straight edge, but when I use the move tool to align left/right/center, they show up at an angle since my map is rotated, and it seems to align north/south rather than left/right/center of your display.

rburkebsrc_0-1666897399804.png

I thought the Align Features tool would be able to help, but it deselects all my points when I open it, saying the active edit tool is filtering the selection, or warning that the current selection includes features or rows that are invalid for this operation.

rburkebsrc_1-1666897510728.png

You can draw new points along a line, of course, but is there really no way to align points after they are created? These are annotations from a web layer that is locked down/non-exportable, and therefore I can't move them before they turn into annotation, either.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

Snap tool also fails.

rburkebsrc_0-1666898007998.png

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

The best workaround so far is using the edit vertices tool - select each annotation line, grab it by the right anchor point, and snap it to the corner. This is a ton of work to do each one individually so if there's a better way I'd love to hear about it.

rburkebsrc_1-1666898103553.png

0 Kudos