Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Web Scene Viewer - Disappearing raster layer when zooming in

10-24-2022 01:30 PM
MillionMap
Regular Contributor

Surface raster displays fine until I zoom in and it disappears.  Any ideas on what might fix this?

Capture1.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrendanNewell
Esri Contributor

Hi @MillionMap,

This may be expected behaviour depending on how the tile was created. More specifically at what extents the tile where generated for.

For example you can generate tiles for scales 1:500 to 1:10,000, when you zoom past these extents the tile will not draw.

Although, to confirm this is the case can you provide the exact steps used to create this hosted tile layer and publish it to ArcGIS Online?

Additionally, can you go to the item details page of the layer and select settings and capture a screen shot of the tile details. This will help us confirm our next steps!

Cheers,

Brendan

🙂
0 Kudos
MillionMap
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Steps used to create my tile layer and the details are attached.  

https://respec.maps.arcgis.com/home/webscene/viewer.html?webscene=28dd322b17df43e98c132699aa59b2e6

0 Kudos
BrendanNewell
Esri Contributor

Thanks @MillionMap from the screenshot we can see we have only created tiles at two scales, and our tiles will only draw at these extents this is why it disappears when you zoom in as you mentioned above.

BrendanNewell_0-1666823420334.png

So in ArcGIS Pro step 2, we need to set the minimum and maximum cached scale as we can see it reflects the above scales seen in ArcGIS Online, then make sure to select all of the appreciate scales that you want your imagery to draw at. 

BrendanNewell_1-1666823813154.png

We can of course generate our own tiling scheme, although, I would suggest using the ArcGIS Online tiling scheme this will ensure that is matches the Esri default basemaps

Cheers

🙂
0 Kudos