Agent Analyst for ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-14-2021 08:00 PM
Labels (2)
camillavote
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am looking to conduct some agent-based modelling within the GIS and I can see that there used to be an application, Agent Analyst, which could be used within an ArcMap 10 environment (and was well-documented). Does anyone know whether this has been incorporated into the ArcGIS Pro environment? And if so, where can I find the equivalent tools?

TIA.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
camillavote
New Contributor II

Caught up with the product engineer @ the 2022 esri UC who sadly confirmed that there was not enough interest for this to be developed further :(. Looks like repast is it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshMarcinik
New Contributor

I've been looking into Agent Analyst myself over the past week in hopes that it would still work with current iterations of Esri software but I have not yet gotten it to work - at least not with ArcMap 10.8. I therefore don't believe there is compatibility with ArcGIS Pro. As Agent Analyst is an open source ABM extension, it's unclear if any further development is ongoing. The documentation only seems to cover the period of 2006-2013 or so. Past that, I don't think there have been any Agent Analyst updates. Repast, the ABM the extension is built on, has a recently updated release available at https://repast.github.io/. Repast Symphony is capable of working with GIS data, though of course it's not the "middleware" ABM solution that Agent Analyst was.

camillavote
New Contributor II

Caught up with the product engineer @ the 2022 esri UC who sadly confirmed that there was not enough interest for this to be developed further :(. Looks like repast is it. 

0 Kudos
camillavote
New Contributor II

Thanks. We live in hope...