Adding related table records in arcgis pro

11-09-2017 07:04 PM
HamishMills2
New Contributor III

Adding related table records in arcgis pro?

Can't seem to be able to get this to work correctly.... Has anyone been succesful doing this at all? 

Using latest ArcGIS Pro and either SDE or FGDB's. 

Cheers

13 Replies
BerendVeldkamp
Occasional Contributor II

I know this is a very old thread, but since it took me forever to find out how this works, I'll post anyway.

To relate records from two tables that already have a relationship class defined, do this:

1. Open the table view for both featureclasses / tables
  2. Select the records you want to relate
  3. On the Edit tab on the ribbon, click the Attributes button to open the Attributes pane. The top part contains the selected records.
  4. Expand either one of the records, so that the name of the relationship class becomes visible
  5. Right click on the relationship class, and select Add Selected to Relationship
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Similar idea but appending two identical hosted layers with related tables. ESRI support has filed it under BUG-000102178

Hoping for a resolution as this is a fairly common workflow.

AJR
by
Occasional Contributor II

From the attributes window you can add new records to the related table by right clicking and selecting "Add New to Relationship".  This will populate the new related table record with the parent record id value.

AJR_0-1637286230235.png

BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

That's what that option does! Viola! Thanks for sharing.. Life in the GIS world I guess. We are blessed to have all this great software that is always expanding, improving so fast sometimes that I don't get a chance to absorb everything as it rolls out and I know that there are all these great functionalities that I just need to "discover".  Like this one. 

Cheers! 

0 Kudos