Adding a hyperlinked photo to arcgis pro

01-13-2022 02:08 PM
mkhenson
New Contributor III

I have a client looking to do surveys around a few different street intersections.  He would like to incorporate some photographs in this arcmap.  I am not sure how this is done.  He wants to be able to call up his map, click on the info, (which is just the date of survey, date of construction, dates of any updates...etc) and be able to click and display a photograph.  Can someone lead me the way to get this done?  Thanks

(I had posted this in the arcmap forum, and got great info.  I just realized the client will be using arcgis pro. This is the reason for the double post.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

start by looking at popups

Pop-ups—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and there hyperlinks as well, plus other stuff

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mkhenson
New Contributor III

can anyone expand on this topic?  I've been through the documentation, and am not having any luck getting this to work for me.

0 Kudos
mkhenson
New Contributor III

ok....I got this to work with the hyperlink pointing to a defined folder on my hard drive.  I am wanting the hyperlink to be a relative path under my gdb folder.  Can't seem to get that to work.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What does your folder structure look like with respect to the *.aprx

ie

c:\X\some.aprx

c:\X\some.gdb

c:\X\Y_folder\

c:\X\Y_folder\image.png

is it like that?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mkhenson
New Contributor III

C:\Users\mhenson\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\MyProject6 is where the project is.  I put a photos folder "rrphotos" in the same location as the aprx. See attached clip.  (I realize the default project name, but I was just trying to figure out a system before I name it) THXCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
MikeJensen
Esri Contributor

The geodatabase team recently released a blog about working with hyperlinks with a set of sample tools similar to working with attachments. The benefit is that hyperlinks can reference images, documents, etc. that the rest of the organization is also working with. Check out this blog. We hope it is helpful in providing another option to working with media files in the geodatabase. 🙂

0 Kudos