Select to view content in your preferred language

activeView createbookmark creates 2D bookmarks only using arcPy

Jump to solution
12-27-2023 04:49 AM
Asem_Daaboul
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am currently working on automating the creation of bookmarks for 3D objects in a local scene view using the activeView.createBookmark("Bookmark name", "bookmark date") function within a Python toolbox.

While the bookmark thumbnail displays the anticipated 3D view, there is an issue when users click on the bookmark. It appears to open as a 2D bookmark instead of the expected 3D view.

I am seeking clarification on whether the createBookmark function is designed solely for use with map views. If this is not the case, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights on how to effectively automate the creation of 3D bookmarks.

Assem 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asem_Daaboul
New Contributor

Hi again,

In response to the challenge at hand, I've devised a solution by crafting a dedicated settings file (in JSON dictionary format) for each 3D view bookmark. These settings are incorporated into every page of the map series, enabling the implementation of specific camera configurations. It's worth noting that the current bookmark API appears to cater exclusively to 2D bookmarks, prompting the need for a tailored approach to meet the requirements of our 3D view bookmarks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Asem_Daaboul
New Contributor

Hi again,

In response to the challenge at hand, I've devised a solution by crafting a dedicated settings file (in JSON dictionary format) for each 3D view bookmark. These settings are incorporated into every page of the map series, enabling the implementation of specific camera configurations. It's worth noting that the current bookmark API appears to cater exclusively to 2D bookmarks, prompting the need for a tailored approach to meet the requirements of our 3D view bookmarks.

0 Kudos