A software bug in ArcPro 3.0.2?

10-11-2022 08:53 PM
Labels (2)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I think we found a rather severe software bug in ArcPro 3.0.2

This is what happens.

We are running ArcPro on a versioned mssql database. What we noticed though was, that when we retired/deleted features in the database using ArcPy the changes were not recognised in the same session unless you close the session and re-load the project.

I hopes this helps replicating the issue.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you running stand alone python?  If I try this using the python window in Pro 3.0.2 (and 2.9.3), it removes the selected feature right away.  Don't even need to refresh, at least with SQL Server SDE data.

R_

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I checked with our developer. Please find the answer below.

We run it as a python tool from the python toolbox. If the same code is run in Notebook it is removed straight away, and there are no issues there. 

But if the same code with arcpy.da.UpdateCursor to remove features is used in the toolbox the layer in the ArcPro is not updated at all. Search cursor prior, and after update cursor, returns the same count of features. Even the search cursor in the notebook after running the tool returns the same (wrong) count. Only when the update cursor is run again from within the notebook to delete some additional features, the layer gets updated properly. After that the search cursor returns the correct number of features - count reduced by update cursor via toolbox, and the update cursor via notebook.

I hope this helps for further investigation.
Thanks
0 Kudos
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User, could you provide a code sample (preferably a script tool or pyt) that reproduces this behavior?

0 Kudos