3D view with 3D tv and active shutter glasses

04-06-2021 12:27 PM
Daniel1
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm wondering if in stereoscopic mode under 'active shutter glasses' you can use 3D TV and glasses to see 3D?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Great question!  I found a PDF requirements page here that may assist you.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Daniel1
New Contributor

Thanks, but

As far as I understand, it doesn't work on a GTX graphics card? Here is the procedure with the NVIDIA 3D vision Kit, I am interested in whether it can be connected with an HDMI cable to a 3D TV and watch 3D using active glasses.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Daniel - understand.  My recommendation is to contact Stephen Heidelberg (Esri) as he seems to be an expert in the 3D realm in ArcGIS Pro and other technologies.  I found his contact information via this Esri blog.

0 Kudos
davidsonkillian
New Contributor

To experience a 3D view using a 3D TV and active shutter glasses, you'll need the following:

1. 3D TV: A 3D TV is a television set that is capable of displaying stereoscopic images to create a three-dimensional effect. These TVs typically use either passive or active 3D technology.

2. Active Shutter Glasses: Active shutter glasses are special glasses that synchronize with the 3D TV to deliver separate images to each eye, creating the illusion of depth perception. These glasses contain liquid crystal lenses that rapidly alternate between being opaque and transparent in sync with the TV's sportzfytvapk  display.

0 Kudos