3D Profile in ArcGIS Pro

04-10-2017 11:12 AM
GregMauldin
New Contributor

Is there a command or addin available for ArcGIS Pro that allows the user to draw a line graphic and create an elevation profile like is available in the 3D Analyst toolbar in ArcMap? I have figured out how to create profile graphs from 3D polyline feature classes, but I'm still looking for a way to draw an ad-hoc line graphic and create a profile graph by referencing that hand-drawn graphic line to an elevation surface, like the way it is done in 3D Analyst in Arc Map

Thanks, Greg Mauldin

2 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Is this still not implemented in 2.7? We have people that utilize the 3D analyst toolbar this way in ArcMap, drawing and deleting hundreds of lines until they're happy, or have analyzed whatever landforms they were looking at.

Are you seriously telling me that they have to create these hundreds of lines ahead of time as a feature class and then run interpolate to shape, and then plot charts? The whole concept was an on the fly sketch of the elevation profile, why was this seemingly so easy in the ArcMap 3D Analyst toolbar, but now so complicated in Pro? They just want to draw a line on a dem and see what the profile looks like, then delete it and do it again and again.  Am I missing something or is there no way to do this in Pro?