10-week average map

02-28-2023 06:53 PM
TobyBrown
New Contributor

Hello,

I am new to gis and amazed at its power to demonstrate patterns.  I am currently trying to generate a map representing the average amount marine debris along 300m of beach.  Over the past 10-weeks I have been conducting a weekly survey using an RTK to record all visible marine debris from a known point.  The RTK generates a neat CSV file which I have imported into ArcGis Pro as individual layers.  The weekly average is 144 points with some clustering.

I want to generate a map that has the average number of points in roughly the "average" clustered spots. Once I have this map, I want to validate the common sampling/estimation techniques to show how much debris is missed or captured along this beach.

I am currently exploring SpaceCubes but not sure if it is the right tool.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kepa
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @TobyBrown,

As I understand you're in the right path. Use Create Space Time Cube By Aggregating Points tool to get a *.nc (space-time cube) file. Then you can try Emerging Hot Spot Analysis to analyze trends using that cube as an input you just created.

To be honest I don't think 144 points a week is representative to prove patterns. But you are analyzing a small extent so it could be a nice try.

Regards,

0 Kudos