Our clients server has been upgraded to 10.7.1 and since then, WebTools are not functioning properly.
When I tried to publish new tools, it failed. After doing some research, we found this thread, https://community.esri.com/thread/236649-map-service-fails-to-publish-in-pro-24 and get PublishingToolsEx working and managed to publish tools.
However, those WebTools cannot be started. If I try to run it from Server Manger, it will get com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.AGSException.
Even bare minimum sample code from Esri documentation fails.
Is there anyone who can help us?
Have you tried using something like procmon on the WebTools SOC process?
You might be able to learn something about what it is trying to do when it fails. I recently had an issue where the SpatialAnalysisTools service did not start on a Linux deployment. By using a Linux equivalent of procmon we looked at the SOC process and found that it was trying to connect to ArcGIS Online but was failing because, while the connection could be made to ArcGIS Online, network configuration prevented getting a response, hence the service start up timed out.
Hi Min and Mark,
Thanks for your replies and help. I appreciate your help. I am also stuck in the same problem on Centos 7.
Mark Donnelly, I have one question, which tool / command you exactly used to analyse your SOC process in Linux.
Thanks again and I really appreciate your help,
Have a great day,
I wrote a blog about this just because it was an interesting case:
Look through the SOC processes for the service you are interested and grab its process id then feed it into lsof -p <process id>.
As promised, I am coming back to you.
I did some testing, finally the problem is resolved "temporarily". Our deployment was 10.7.1 on CentOS 7.4.
While using the method mentioned by Mark, I verifed and effectively there is one query which goes to arcgisonline while using alias amazon.
Our deployment is disconnected environment. So that HTTP query is not authorized.
Well I check my resolv.conf, I check that local DNS was configured
I commented the line and gave a fake value
nameserver 127.0.0.1 (knowngly that there is no DNS service on the localhost).
By modifying this value, the HTTP query towards Amazon disappaered and services (PubslishingToolsEx, CachingToolsEx, etc. ) started correctly.
For the time being, we decided to not to use DNS but hosts file to resolve addresses.
Hope this might can help. Thanks Mark again for your help.
Have a great day guys