Python error: not enough values to unpack [Find Cotravelers]

01-08-2021 12:27 PM
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor

I'm running the Find Cotravelers tool.  I got the error below.  Can't tell if the re was "empty output" because no events qualified, or because of the processing error.  There is no Esri documentation for the Python ValueError: not enough values to unpack.  And I don't have access to the .py file, of course.

What should I do?

Thanks.

DonBarker_0-1610137113481.png Warning empty output generated.

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\intelMovementToolsClasses.py", line 183, in execute    features, style = cotravelers.find_cotravelers()ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)

DonBarker_1-1610137113484.png Failed to execute (FindCotravelers).

[I've discussed this with @JamesJones4 but wanted to document it here for others who run into this.]

3 Replies
JamesJones4
Esri Contributor

Hi Don - that looks like it failed to catch "Empty output generated" message. For verification purposes can you tell me what version of Pro Intel you are running?  Based on our conversation, I want to believe that it is 2.6, but wanted to verify with you.  

Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor

James -

Sorry for the slow reply.  I'm running 2.6.3.  

Jerry sent me the new gpkx file to try out.  He said it must be run with Pro Intel 2.7.

I would update Pro now, but I see "Checking for updates is blocked" on the Pro "About" screen.  I googled for a solution but didn't find one.  Seems to be set by administrator.  I'm on my own laptop, so I ran Pro as administrator. But I see the same "updates blocked" message.  I looked through my Portal Home Edition Licensing section and elsewhere but saw no way to change this, and no way to download a new copy of Pro.  (I'm not an adept Poral administrator.)

Can you point to a solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ronaldgevern
New Contributor

During a multiple value assignment, the ValueError: not enough values to unpack occurs when either you have fewer objects to assign than variables, or you have more variables than objects. This error caused by the mismatch between the number of values returned and the number of variables in the assignment statement. This error happened mostly in the case of using python split function. Verify the assignment variables. If the number of assignment variables is greater than the total number of variables, delete the excess variable from the assignment operator. The number of objects returned, as well as the number of variables available are the same. This will resolve the value error.

0 Kudos