When deleting a feature, we are warned that it is part of a replica. Which replicas?

05-12-2015 04:34 PM
Labels (1)
MikeSchonlau
Occasional Contributor III
When I delete an object from my enterprise geodatabase that is included in a replica or replicas, I am prompted that this feature is part of a replica. It would be helpful if the warning dialog listed which replicas the object is included in.
2 Comments
PeterSchneider
When ArcGIS queries the RDBMS, the name of the replica will be named similar to SYNC_SEND_#####_###.  The name you give to a replica is more of an 'alias' for your reference than for ArcGIS.  If the delete prompt were to return which replica the feature class is a part of, it may come back in the "SYNC_SEND" format.  At this point, depending on how your database is set up, and if you have multiple replicas, you may have several SYNC_SEND replica names that you cannot tell which replica is which.  

A best practice in the mean time would be to go into the Replia Manager and document every item and keep that updated.  

I am not trying to say that your idea is invalid, or that it cannot be done; just giving insight.0EME0000000HQRo
SSWoodward
Status changed to: Closed

This idea has been closed as a duplicate of the Data Management Idea linked below. Don't worry, you can still show your support by commenting and adding kudos to the open idea. Thanks for your contributions!

https://community.esri.com/t5/data-management-ideas/when-deleting-a-feature-we-are-warned-that-it-is...