Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 mobile geodatabase and ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8 file geodatabase:

I've created a view on a feature class: 

select objectid, shape from roads

I've added the view to the map.

Now, I want to use the Explore tool on the features in the view. But when I click with the Explore tool on a feature, nothing happens. The Explore dialog doesn't pop up.

Could mobile and file geodatabase spatial views be enhanced so that the Explore tool works on them?

Video:

4 Comments
Bud
by

The view I mentioned is a simplified example.

My real use case is:
Select the attributes from one feature class and select the shape from a different feature class. Join via a common attribute. Create a view.

select
    s.objectid,
    s.rdsec,
    r.shape as route_shape
from
    strln s
left join
    strln_route r
    on s.rdsec = r.rdsec

I can create that view without issue. It's just the Explore tool that doesn't seem to work.

For what it's worth:
I don't have this issue with Oracle 18c 10.7.1 enterprise geodatabase views in ArcMap 10.7.1 or ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8. And it doesn't seem to matter if the view is registered with the enterprise geodatabase or not; both scenarios work with the Explore tool.

Bud
by

Esri Canada Case 03294892 - Use Explore tool on mobile and file GDB spatial views

BUG-000156931 - Unable to select features using the Explore or selection tool from a view in a mobile geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro.

Esri staff, feel free to close this idea.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Bud
by

Esri Case 03308236 - Explore tool not working on FGDB view (view uses shape from FC; uses attributes from a different table; via join)

BUG-000157376 - Unable to select features using the Explore or selection tool from a view with a join in a File geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro