Select to view content in your preferred language

TOC option to show full layer name as tooltip

Friday
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Simple as it sounds, display the full layer name in the table of contents pane on hover. I tend to leave breadcrumbs for myself and successors in my "scrap" maps and this would be very useful.

wayfaringrob_0-1722623022902.png

6 Comments
TanuHoque
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@wayfaringrob 

Showing layer's full name in tooltip is already supported. Which version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

TanuHoque_0-1722624405180.png

wayfaringrob

@TanuHoque  3.3.1, I do see that now, thanks - I don't get a popup when hovering over a selected layer, though. Also interesting that sometimes they are white on black and other times black on white.

TanuHoque
Status changed to: Already Offered

wayfaringrob

@TanuHoque  actually, some maps' layers don't provide a tool tip at all, regardless of selection or deselection. It's inconsistent.

TanuHoque

Thanks @wayfaringrob 

I tested with selected layers and it woks for me too. It is odd that it is not working for you or you are seeing them in reverse color. This would be something that a support analyst can better help you. We'd appreciate it very much if you could call Esri Support and they are in better position to help you in this case. If it turns out to be an issue with the software, we will take a look.

TanuHoque

actually, some maps' layers don't provide a tool tip at all, regardless of selection or deselection. It's inconsistent

hmm... that is weird too. We will keep an eye for it from our side. Please let the support analyst know about this too.