Scale Legend Contents Automatically with change in size

12-13-2017 07:26 AM
Labels (1)
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

In ArcMap if I make a legend bigger or smaller the contents will scale proportionally. This makes it very simple to ensure the legend is legible and in proportion to the rest of the map. In ArcGIS Pro, when I make the legend larger the contents maintain the size they were when the legend was created. They do not automatically scale. I have not found a setting which enables this functionality. You instead must make adjustments to all the various elements within the legend to get them to change size. While this provides much greater control over those elements, it is much more difficult and time consuming. Maybe having a check box to provide the automatic scaling as an option or just make it work like it did in ArcMap. #ArcGIS Pro #Layouts legend management

35 Comments
bradenmiller

3.1.2 still can't drag to resize legend?

NathanR

Why has this still not been implemented? This has been a problem since 2017. There is over 170 kudos, and 4 pages of people requesting this function. The legend is one of the most important elements inside the map. Why can we not resize it? 

KFung_TLC

I hate to say but wonder if ESRI even attempt to care that issue. Let's face it those who involve with cartography (print format) with heavy usages on floating graphic are NOT their customers. All they concern about are those that can be on tiktok.

Cinde
by

Still doesn't work for me. For something so rudimentary and necessary in GIS, this is ridiculous.

D_AnneHammond

I agree that this is a very unnecessary inconvenience.  Cartography is very time consuming as it is and fussing with the legend ADDS A LOT OF TIME to any given project.

Esri, please fix this!!