Select to view content in your preferred language

"Show Layer at all scales" in ArcGIS Pro

11-08-2018 03:03 AM
Labels (1)
KristinAndersson
Emerging Contributor

Please return the posibility to "Show layer at all scales" that exists in ArcMap!
This function makes it easy to override and swich between a scale that's set on a layer, and being able to watch the layer at all scales. In ArcGIS Pro now you have to write down the scale on a paper to make sure you don't forget or change it while you look at a layer in any scale and then write/set the prevoius scale again on the layer after checking how it looks.

4 Comments
MattWilkie1

I work a lot with layers that have Visibility Ranges set so they do or don't show in or out beyond certain zoom levels. This is a handy and needed feature. However I also very frequently, daily, need to remove the scale visibility for the duration of some task.

It would be very useful to have a button, in the View ribbon perhaps, to toggle the Visibility Range settings on/off, so we don't have to "select layer >> properties >> General >> delete min >> delete max >> Ok" again and again. And then add them back again when finished the task.

MattWilkie1

I've since located a UI path that's simpler than what I outlined above: there's a 'clear limits' button on the Feature Layer ribbon.

MattWilkie1_0-1708630624367.png

This is good for my overall sanity, but still different from what this idea is about. The button is to clear limits on a single layer at a time, and the old values are lost. The idea is about simply toggling the limits on/off for all layers at once, though now that I think about it, it would be better as "all selected layers in ToC".

TanuHoque
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.

Thanks for your suggestion.

TanuHoque_0-1715291228979.png

TanuHoque_1-1715291233081.png

TanuHoque
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.

Thanks for your suggestion.

TanuHoque_0-1715291017184.png

TanuHoque_1-1715291042660.png