Quick access to Project folders from Export Layout

01-23-2018 08:05 AM
Labels (1)
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

The window for the Export Layout needs to have a Project quick access section just like other folder dialog windows in ArcGIS Pro have. I have attached an example of what I am talking about. Right now, ArcGIS Pro always defaults to the last folder that a layout was exported to and I have to dig through my entire folder structure on my computer every single time I export a layout from a different project.

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi @Joshua-Young 

I came across this idea and realized that it was submitted a few years ago.  In the screenshot that you attached, you hadn't clicked on the Project's Folders.  I can't recall what the behavior may have been at the time this was posted, but looking in 2.7, you can easily get to the project's folder connections in the Export Layout dialog.

KoryKramer_0-1612291037833.png

From the title of 'Quick access to Project folders from Export Layout', my understanding is this is what you were looking for.  

Can you confirm?

Also, a side note, but I would think related, Add "Recent Places/Quick Access" option in ArcGIS ... - GeoNet, The Esri Community is planned for the upcoming 2.8 release, so hopefully that will further improve the export experience.

Joshua-Young

Hello @KoryKramer 

Thank you for following up on this. At the time that I posted this idea the default behavior of ArcGIS Pro for the Export tool was to open the File Dialog box in the last folder used by the Export tool by any ArcGIS Pro project. There was no Project quick access to select in the navigation pane on the left of the dialog. The PNG I attached was a mockup of what I was looking for. The blue selection around Project going under the scrollbar without a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom and the white pixels bleeding over the scroll bar near "Computer"  gives it away. I guess it would have been more helpful to have included a screenshot of the default File Dialog box to compare with. Sorry about that.

You are correct that in ArcGIS Pro 2.7 the Export tool now has the Project quick access above the Computer section on the navigation pane. That is exactly what I was asking for when I posted this idea. Feel free to mark this idea as closed or implemented.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for the confirmation, @Joshua-Young !

I'll mark this one implemented to close it out.