Masking / Advanced Masking

08-13-2020 05:49 AM
Labels (1)
MartinLadner
New Contributor II

I think it would be nice to redesign the Masking/Advanced Masking Workflow. There is no possibility to get a overall view about the settings.
There should be also a possibility to export, import settings like in the symbology.

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Thank you for submitting this idea Martin Ladner

Could you please provide some more details about what you're looking for in an "overall view"?

For the part about importing/exporting, can you describe your workflow so that we can understand the end goal?

Thank you

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

@KoryKramer  I suspect he's referring to the ability to see all Layers with Masking applied/not applied in a combined window (similar to the Label Weights/Label Priority/Label Summary windows). At present, you can only see what has Masking turned on, or what is masked by a layer by clicking on each layer individually and opening the Masking list. 

Persoanally, I think having a simple table view that lists each layer in the ToC and then Column 2 lists all the layers that are used to Mask layers in Column 1 would cut it (with a little +/- button to alter individual layer settings). 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1612844464923.png

KoryKramer

Thank you @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA !