Legend: Only show classes from this heading

11-09-2021 03:20 AM
Labels (1)
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

Can we have the "Only show classes from this heading" feature that was available in ArcMap back?

IlkaIllers1_0-1636456336680.png

18 Comments
AubriKinghorn

In Product Plan means it is actively being worked on. It's hard to say for sure, but look for it in the next release or two. 

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

IlkaIllers1

Hi @AubriKinghorn,

I can't find this feature neither on the documentation page you posted a link to above nor in my legend properties. Could you provide some more information where to find this setting?

Thanks

Ilka

HelenCooper

HelenCooper_0-1709737052999.png

It's slightly hidden in the 'legend item groups' at the foot of the legend panel.

IlkaIllers1

Interesting, I do not have that option... I am on version ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2, this should be included, right?

IlkaIllers1

Ok, if you only have one heading it doesn't show anything there... makes sense.

AmyDunn

I can now add a legend and only include symbols under a specific heading, yay! This lets me remove duplicates that are already symbolized in legends from other map frames.

I can't seem to add multiple instances of the same layer to the legend as you could in ArcMap, though. I want my legend to be able to insert a symbol from Layer 2 in between two headings from Layer 1. Is there a way to do this in Pro?

AmyDunn_0-1709742989996.png

AmyDunn_1-1709743034905.png

AmyDunn_3-1709743266451.png

IlkaIllers1

I agree, that limits the benefits of that functionality quite a bit! If you want classes from different headings but with other layers in between, you have to go back to duplicating layers...