Select to view content in your preferred language

Layout Revamp

05-31-2023 11:44 AM
Labels (1)
CatherineDye
New Contributor II

The entire layout system is kind of a convoluted mess. I frequently have to export basic maps to powerpoint in order to make them visually appealing and to generally speed up the process of designing maps. 

I think it would make a lot of sense to implement some of the features offered by powerpoint. It is much simpler and more straightforward. In particular, using the drawing box. This would make it easier to label (tying labels to features using nodes, manually positioning locations of labels, better color options, etc.)

Powerpoint also offers a wider array of drawing tools (shapes) that would be nice to have access to. 

Tags (3)
2 Comments
AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an idea! It looks like you have a few ideas here, which is awesome!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "use the drawing box". Can you elaborate on what that is? It sounds like you are doing some labeling on the layout, not in the map view. Have you considered using map graphics? Some people find that helpful.

Can you explain more about what shapes you are looking for in the layout view? 12 Additional shapes were added in ArcGIS Pro 2.9. Suggestions on what shapes to add next would be great!

When submitting ideas, the Submission Guidelines recommend submitting one idea per post, just to keep things clear. When a post mentions multiple ideas, one can get implemented before another making it hard to keep track. It might be helpful to submit the shapes as a new idea, listing the shapes you'd like to see in ArcGIS Pro. 

Thanks for submitting your idea!

Cheers,

Aubri

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Closed