Increase scroll bar width in ArcGIS Pro

08-30-2017 10:43 AM
Labels (1)
CharlesFinley
New Contributor III

The scroll bars in Arc Pro are about half the size of what you see in a typical web browser, word doc, or even ArcMap. 

Any possibility of making them larger, for easier navigation of tables and windows?

25 Comments
KoryKramer

Glad to help, Jake!

JakeKrall

This might be of some help.  There's the ability to increase/decrease zoom level in a table by holding down ctrl key and scrolling the mouse wheel.  This changes the scroll bar size as well as text size adjustments/appearance same as in Arcmap.

by Anonymous User

Hello all,

If anyone is checking in on this idea and is excited about the User Interface Scaling option that @KoryKramer mentioned - be aware that I just found a bug and had my case attached to the existing bug number 000147862 - When user interface scaling is set to greater than 100%, the layout ruler does not correctly align in ArcGIS Pro. I am using 2.9.3 and it is fixed at Pro 3.0.1. Do your research on upgrading to 3.x though - it is version breaking - once an .aprx is opened in 3.0, it will no longer be compatible with the 2. x version of the software.

KoryKramer

Thanks for the word of caution, @Anonymous User For those who have not updated to 3.0 yet, please review https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/get-ready-for-arcgis-pro-3-0/ which points to the Migration from ArcGIS Pro 2.x to 3.0 help topic. Note that project packages can be used to share a project from 3.0 to 2.x

by Anonymous User

honestly, the scroll bars could still be wider in Pro 3.1 to be comparable to how ArcMap was. I think it also is because the scroll bar is rounded now and doesn't fill the entire bar. 

AndreaB_0-1678210040927.png