Graticule Grid in Layout - Zero Padding In Labels

05-27-2010 11:09 PM
DavidGifford
Occasional Contributor
Currently ArcMap graticule grid labels will display a single digit in minutes and seconds when they are less than 10. For example 27° 1' 35" or 120° 35' 5". It would look much nicer if the minutes and seconds could be (optionally) padded so that it labels as 27° 01' 35", 120° 35' 05" etc.
Tags (1)
8 Comments
AshleyHoefer

For those of us using ArcMap for map production these types of details a crucial to the quality of the final product

RobJones1
I would like to second hoeferwac's comment.
curtvprice
Yes, please! This is required for USGS publication standards (and the many standards that agree with it!) I understand this capability is available in Producting Mapping but this should be available in ArcGIS core.
GraemeBrowning
This is Highly Desirable for me too.
ManikantanDamodaran
This is highly need one. some times these labes are not displaying even if the offset is more than half of its label size. Currently we are programatically modifying value after converting the grid labels to graphics.But  the label itself not displaying then what to do?
ShannonDeArmond
Yes, please.
by Anonymous User

I usually end up converting the graticule to graphics, un-grouping, and manually editing each one to be padded with zeros.  Its time consuming and a pain.  A dynamic solution would be much better!

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

This is possible in ArcGIS Pro using grid label tags. For example, this set of tags will pad the degree, minute, and second values of a coordinate with 0s if necessary.

<dyn type="grid" units="dms" decimalPlaces="0" showDirections="True" padDegrees="True" padMinutes="True" padSeconds="True" />

AubriKinghorn_0-1611983590331.png

You can learn more about grid label tags here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/grid-label-tags.htm