Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Highlight using basic colors

06-02-2023 06:37 AM
Labels (1)
jakek
by
New Contributor III

I find it very annoying and cumbersome to require the user to open the "Fields View" to do some of the simplest tasks.  For one, I do very often is highlighting fields.  These are the Steps required to highlight a field: right-click Data design > open the fields view > search for the field > select (usually triple click) the highlight checkbox > save > close Fields View just to highlight the selected field(s)???  Minimum of 5 clicks, sometimes more, since clicking once on the highlight check box doesn't "wake up" or respond.  Can we get this on the field right-click menu with a color palette for at least some of the basic colors, such as red, yellow, magenta, light cyan and more if you want to add them?  Please consider for simplification and reducing mouse clicks!!!  Thank you and add to Pro asap please.

5 Comments
kkefer
by

I second, would love to have an option to have different highlight colors for fields. I often have a few fields highlighted and having the visual of different colors would be nice. Doesn't have to be many; 5-6. 

Bud
by

Merged from a separate idea.

As mentioned by @ChrisWozniak in Grey out attribute table fields:

allow users to highlight fields in multiple ways. For example, some fields already have the default golden/yellow highlight, but some other fields could have a green or purple highlighting as a way to 'group' related attributes or otherwise designate them for whatever purpose.  

ColeSutton11

Totally agree. To highlight a field in two clicks would be lovely! Right click field name > Highlight

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @Bud just want to double-check here that you are talking about having options to highlight FIELDS with different colors. I'm assuming that based on your reference to https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/field-highlight-using-basic-colors/idi-p/1295344

Because for ROW highlighting, that functionality already exists: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/tables/table-options.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_C1B51379ED... 

If for fields, let me know and we'll merge ideas. Thanks

PeterMacKenzie2

@Bud , is this what you mean? I've tired to visualize what I think would work well in the image below. Feel free to correct me. 

right_click_to_highlight.jpg