Create or Import New Legend Patch Shape

12-08-2020 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
JustinRego
New Contributor II

In ArcMap I was able to create a new patch shape for the legend. This was a tool from Customize the tool bar called New Legend Patch Shape. It no longer appears available in Pro. This level of customization is critical for my mapping efforts and I would love to regain access to this tool!

23 Comments
NavaSheer

I agree!  This was a wonderful option that I used all the time.  Please add this - or at least allow us to import  our created patches from ArcMap.

CraigWilliams
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Are there specific shapes missing from the options or are these highly unique shapes per project?

NavaSheer

These were unique shapes that I used on almost all my projects and it is sorely missed.

KoryKramer

@NavaSheer can you provide any screenshots of examples from ArcMap?

SpatialArchaeologist

These are unique shapes created for individual maps using the tool as described in the initial post

NavaSheer

Three examples of shapes I use on a regular basis:

Old City of Jerusalem (it has a specific shape that many people recognize)

Scattered buildings  -labeled as Bedouin villages - we many times highlight the buildings of a villages without committing to a certain polygon shape and the same shapes are in the legend.

Polygon - an odd shaped polygon that I made for a specific project, but liked it so much, I use it all the time.  It wasn't a complete rectangle but not a very odd shape polygon.

patch symbols.jpgpatch symbols2.jpg

KoryKramer

Thank you for the examples @NavaSheer 

JustinRego

Here are examples from my ArcMap. I cannot switch to Pro until this is available.

JustinRego_1-1646663035116.jpeg

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Open

Thank you for providing additional details. Re-opening the idea.

AlvisDou

This is a very important tool for me and I am incredibly anxious for it to be implemented on the Pro soon. @KoryKramer @CraigWilliams , there is a detailed guidence for the New Legend Patch Shape tool in ArcMap: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-desktop/mapping/new-legend-patch-shapes/?rmedium=bl... 

Thanks.