Select to view content in your preferred language

Calculate Value in ModelBuilder - Vertically expand expression textbox (to multi-line textbox)

02-14-2024 10:07 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

In the Field Calculator window:

As mentioned by @Anne-MarieDubois, it would help if we could vertically resize the Expression section to view/enter lengthy expressions.

Bud_0-1707933983688.png

Source: Expression Builder: Vertically resize sections

I'm aware that I can widen the entire window to view more of the Expression text. But at a certain point, I just want to make the expression parameter taller, not the window excessively wide.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
MErikReedAugusta

The same is true of the Code Block (though if memory serves, there's already an Idea for that).

I couldn't being to tell you how many times I've needed less space for the Variables (which I often know by heart) and the Functions (which I almost never use from there) and more space for me to freely write my own Expression & Code Block.

I recognize I'm maybe not a typical user in that sense, but that's just all the more reason to make these three groups/rows of input resizable.

DrewFlater
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

The Calculate Field expression control already grows up to 5 lines to show longer expressions. 

@Anne-MarieDubois  comment on the other issue is about Calculate Value which is a ModelBuilder utility tool. I can confirm that the Calc Value expression control does not exhibit the same growing behavior. 

DrewFlater_0-1710186181951.png

Anne-MarieDubois

Hi @DrewFlater ,

This doesn't seem to be an option for me. 

AnneMarieDubois_2-1713872721359.png

No matter how long my expression is, I can't expand  the box.

Could this be linked to the latest patched not being installed?

AnneMarieDubois_0-1713872642229.png

DrewFlater
Status changed to: Open