Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto-Refresh Folders/DB Connections in Pro

04-12-2019 05:53 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pro needs to be able to automatically refresh/update folders and geodatabase connections. I literally have to click the refresh every folder, subfolder, file geodatabase, sde connection, etc. to get things to show up. This is a waste of time and an annoyance to have to do this every, single, time.

Update: I did a little testing on this and it almost seems like Pro cache's what is inside every folder connection/db when it's installed or first used but then you have to manually refresh it every time. When I go into any number of folder connections, the files and folders that show in Pro are from months ago, when I first installed Pro on this machine. I hit refresh and all my current stuff shows up. Why is Pro caching or only seeing what was first there? Is there a way to clear that out in the settings somewhere?

22 Comments
MalcolmJacobson1

This catches me out all the time. Its actually insane that Pro doesn't just reload whats in a folder each time you open it. No other software behaves like this

EricCarr1

Make ArcGIS Pro automatically refresh when looking for new files in a drive - how many times have you created a new layer, or added a new layer or file to a drive location and gone to add it and it was not there.  Then you remember that you have to click the little refresh button.  ArcMap never had that problem.