ArcMap should include customise delimited values (ex PSV, CSV )

06-17-2019 11:28 PM
Labels (1)
ManuSharma1
New Contributor III

Hello Geo-net  Geeks,

I would like to say, if ArcGIS have dedicated Delimited Text file format as Add layer. i

It would have FILE FORMAT: CSV, regular expression and custom delimiters such as : TAB,COLON, SPACE,SEMICOLON, COMMA, PIPE"|", QUOTE, ESCAPE and others. It will help user to add data directly instead of help of any other software. with record and fields Options.

Regards,

Manu

4 Comments
ColeAndrews

I don't fully understand what  you're asking for, but there is another idea for delimiters:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/16171-add-more-delimiter-options-in-table-export-tools-ie-pipe-deli...

ManuSharma1

My idea in respect of import of flat file format. If I understand correctly, your one is for export. 

robertkalasek

think that's pretty easy to understand ... users would highly appreciate a customizable import tool, where you can identify the delimiter-character, the decimal-character, first row = fields j/n, x and y fields for directly converting csv-data into point-data, ... , and (!) character encoding.

just have a look into qgis-interface and you will find a properly working template

KoryKramer

For those commenting on this idea, please be sure to vote by giving it kudos.