ArcGIS Pro Catalog view: Double click on Map to open it

09-10-2019 11:32 AM
Labels (1)
dcafdg
by
Occasional Contributor II

99.99999999% of the time I open the maps folder in ArcGIS Pro's Catalog view, the very next thing I want to do is open a map. When I double-click on a map object, please make the default action to open it. Showing me a list of layers in it is something I pretty much NEVER need to see, but I end up there at least twice a week while trying to open a map.

NOTE: The Catalog pane (the smaller dockable palette) opens the map via double-click. Can we make the Catalog view do the same thing?

3 Comments
ThomasColson

I upvoted, with the caveat that I'd still like the ability to see whats in the map without opening, perhaps moving that to right-click view layers, and assign dbl-click to open. 

BenVan_Kesteren1

I 100% of the time want my map to OPEN when I double click on it, I have never had the need to view its layers direct from catalog, but I do like the idea of being able to 'view layers' by way of a right click option, that was a good suggestion by Thomas Colson

This is what happens to me at least once a day, and it drives me mad:

Us windows users (and I am guessing its the same for Mac?) have come acustomed to double clicking a file in Windows Explorer, and that file opening in its native software, I think we should be able to expect that the same thing happens within the Pro catalog view?

BenVan_Kesteren1

I just noticed this idea has a status of 'reviewed', and seeing as there is no comment from an ESRI rep, does this mean it has been reviewed and declined? What does 'reviewed with no comment' mean?