Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2: “view cache status” tool is not available,

It would be great if the “view cache status” tool gets available in ArcGIS Pro

Tags (2)
17 Comments
RobinCCOB

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I'm currently on Pro 2.6.2, can't upgrade past that yet unfortunately.

andrei_ste

I discovered that you can view the cache status in ArcGIS Server Manager:

view_cache_status.PNG

arcgis_manager.PNG

To be honest I liked more how things were organized in ArcGIS Desktop.

RobinCCOB

Thanks for the tip @andrei_ste ! I still don't like the fact that I have to open server manager just to view the cache status while running the geoprocessing tool to manage the cache status, but at least it's possible. I agree with you though, I preferred the options available in ArcGIS Catalog. Job status completion percentage alone is not enough. I'm still hopeful they will add that option into Pro. 

JamalNUMAN

This appears not to be available in 2.9

Clip_1475.jpg

JamalNUMAN

Thank you andrei_ste for the input. It’s good to know that this tool is available anyway. We would love to have it in Pro

Clip_9.jpgClip_10.jpgClip_11.jpg

SamHudson

@JamalNUMAN  I agree completely.  I was just rebuilding the cache for one of our large basemaps and the only place I could find cache status information was in ArcGIS Server Mananger.  The Job Status queue is not reliable nor comparable to the information that Arc Catalog provides.  The cache status window visible in ArcGIS Server Manager should be accessible for any cached service in ArcGIS Pro.  

andrei_ste

I discovered that when you publish a map or image service and you set up the cache properties, the map or image service is added to the Job Queue where you can view the cache status like the documentation says: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/sharing-job-status.htm

If you click the Jobs button in the Publish Image or Map Service:

jobs.jpg

The Job Queue panel will open and you can view the cache status over there with estimated time remaining and percentage completed:

estimated.jpg

procent.jpg

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9, but I think this option is available also in earlier releases.