Sometimes, when I need a license either for Desktop or an extension, it is not available. Sometimes the person who has it checked out is not using it at the time I need it and could make it available if requested.
ArcGIS administrator does not provide an easy way for a user to know which other users have the license they wish to use checked out. This makes the efficient use of concurent licenses very difficult.
1) Allow each user to check a box in their ArcGIS Adminstrator that allows other users to see what licenses they have checked out and some contact details etc.
2) Another check box should "Allow other users to grab my licenses if not in use"
a) This could be optionally be restricted to a time period, before the license reverts back.
3) Update ArcGIS Adminstrator to show a user which users have licenses checked out, how long, and whether they are checked out and not in use, how long they have not been in use.
4) Maybe add messaging into the License Manager to allow users to aid sharing licenses
a) I'd like to borrow this license now for an hour
b) Are you using this ?, I'd like to grab it all next week
c) I grabbed your Advanced Desktop license, I need it until end of play today
5) If a user launches ArcGIS desktop, for example, and their Advanced License has been grabbed, ArcGIS Administrator should pop a dialog "Your advanced license was grabbed until 10:30 by user: J Doe 123-456-7890"
So, if I need an advanced license, for an hour, and there are none free, I can click and find who has that license checked out and not in use, and give them a call, or even message them within ArcGIS Administrator.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.