Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade function to show unique values (remove duplicate values)

02-18-2021 05:42 PM
Labels (2)
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Honored Contributor

When using the Table Attribute dynamic text function in ArcGIS Pro you can return a string of values visible in the map frame (i.e.1, 2, 3, 4,...). Sometimes you may have a dataset with multiple features with the same value (i.e.1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4,...).. By using this function in it's current format, you would see the results as per the example given, but sometimes you may want to only see Unique values (i.e. 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4 would be returned as 1, 2, 3, 4). It would be good if there was an Arcade function that shows unique values, removing any duplicates (suggestion below). 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1613698748784.png

This post is another example of where this function would be useful: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/how-to-remove-duplicate-values-from-dynamic-text-... 

22 Comments
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Ahhh - I forgot to scroll up - forgot it was fixed in 3.2, thus 3.1 testing was pointless. 

ZacharyHart

Pfff....I wouldn't trust it is fixed in 3.2. (a yet to be released version at that!).

How can any developer release a documented function for numerous releases only to have the user base  point out it does not work and then only by majority of petition to actually fix it?

Esri has outsourced testing to its user base...I have several examples within just my own experiences that illustrate this...