Add a Prefix to Numeric Number Format Options

03-22-2022 01:17 PM
Labels (1)
RichardLittlefield
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like to be able to add a prefix to a numeric field. There is already an option to add a Suffix, I think a Prefix would also be helpful. I'd like to be able to see a dollar sign, show thousand separators and not see decimals.

I'm using a table frame inside of a layout in Pro. I'm displaying dollar amounts in the range of 1,000 - millions of dollars. I don't need to see the cents (decimal places). One option could be to allow the ability to control the decimals inside of Currency formatting - might be difficult due to it depends on the individual computer's user settings. Another option would be to allow for the option to add a "Prefix" inside of the Numeric formatting (Number Format window). There's already a Suffix option, allowing a prefix would allow you to put a dollar sign in front of a number.

I've also tried the "custom" formatting of "$###,###,###" - this makes it worse, showing extra commas for the thousands values, but perfect for the millions values.

RichardLittlefield_0-1647979911630.png

RichardLittlefield_1-1647979911630.png

RichardLittlefield_2-1647979911647.png

Full disclosure, I found a different idea from 2010, however I think this new prefix idea might be an easier solution. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/currency-number-format-set-number-of-decimal/idi-p/94...