Select to view content in your preferred language

Ability to unmatch the field mapping on all layers in a map.

05-17-2010 03:54 PM
Labels (1)
MarilynMurphy
Deactivated User

(1) Ability to list all Source Layer(s) mapped to Target Layer(s) so I can choose which ones to unmap and (2) ability to bulk select matched fields to remove.  Our feature layers and tables have 30+ fields and I have to select and remove one matched field at a time if that particular Source and Target layer isn't to be mapped anymore.

11 Comments
ShannonJ

ShannonJ_0-1718971723662.png

thanks @RobBlash for bringing this back up. I'm still hopeful for some upgrades to this tool which is a one I use almost daily, that is still causing me problems. To reiterate, auto-mapping ALL fields is a data integrity nightmare. I regularly end up with one data set selecting over another (usually due to layer order), and overwriting core fields in the target dataset / transferring the wrong information. My new suggestion would be under Options > Editing > Attributes, "Auto-match fields for attribute transfer" checked on or off. We need the ability to choose which fields from which datasets are being transferred from the outset rather than having to manually unmap layers and fields. the process is time consuming and annoying. Auto mapping all attributes with the same field name across ALL datasets is not the answer for everyone