Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 is Now Available

06-23-2022 02:35 PM

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 is Now Available

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 is now available! It can be downloaded from My Esri. Users who've enabled updated notifications will receive a notification that an update is available. Many new features have been added, including a new Start page experience with more learning resources, Package Manager redesign and improvements for Python, Neo4J data store support for ArcGIS Knowledge, maps in reports, export presets, and a color vision deficiency simulator. For a full list of new features and a video covering the highlights of the release, please visit the "What's new in ArcGIS Pro 3.0" documentation.

As with every release, we directly incorporate user feedback from ArcGIS Ideas. ArcGIS Pro 3.0 includes more than 50 of your ideas. Find out what new user-driven functionality you can expect in the Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 blog and video.

We want to encourage our users to familiarize themselves with what moving to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 will mean for them and their organizations. To help with the migration, we have created the following resources:

When organizations are ready, updating to the latest version of ArcGIS Pro offers the newest features and functionality and best overall experience with our software.

Comments
jsingh_ripco
New Contributor

I upgraded to Pro 3.0 but whenever I try to export maps to ANY file format i get the error export fails without any description can anyone advise?

AmeliaBradshaw
Esri Contributor

Hey @jsingh_ripco thank you for reaching out! I have tested exporting a map with local file geodatabase data to a PDF in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and this was successful for me. Could you share some more details about what is going on? I have a few questions below: 

• Does this occur for all projects you are opening in 3.0? 
  • What are the source(s) of your data? File or enterprise geodatabase, shapefiles, or services published to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?  
  • What kind of data do these maps contain? Do they contain raster data, vector data, or both? 

Once I get these details, we can take a further look at this. 

Thank you! 

Amelia 

miketribe
New Contributor III

So slow now.

Endless selection delay, cannot do basic work now. snapping no longer works with hosted features.

It is 100x slower than Field Maps for basic line work compared with 2.9.

HeatherAlexander
New Contributor II

I've been having issues with exporting to PDFs as well, it looks like it exports fine but my coworkers cant always see it and we cant combine a new PDF with another PDF, the new PDF just shows as white. this is a major problem for me.  I havent tried a new project yet, my data is from my computer, shp files and from a gdb and from esri.  its a combo of ortho images and polygons.  any help on this would be greatly appreciated

CarlMorrison
Occasional Contributor

I had the same issue when a co-worker tried to bind a PDF into another PDF.  I found by trial and error that these settings worked for us.

PDF Export.JPG

JeffMoulds
Esri Contributor

@jsingh_ripco @HeatherAlexander @CarlMorrison with regards to the exporting issues, you can log a tech support issue here: https://support.esri.com/en/products/desktop/arcgis-desktop/arcgis-pro. That way, an analyst can take a look at your project.  

jsingh_ripco
New Contributor

@AmeliaBradshaw Looks like the issue has been resolved (company had a few firewall blocks which I guess PRO 3.0 interacted with frequently). 

New Error: Export as PDF has printing issues where labels or symbols would disappear when printing. This issue has been occurring on several printers as well with other ArcGIS Pro users on both 2.x and 3.0

PhilipBarlow
New Contributor

Hi @AmeliaBradshaw ,

I'm experiencing an issue with the Table to Excel tool in both new and old ArcGIS Pro projects (ones created in 2.9). The tool will spin up, create the desired output but keep going i.e. it never "completes" the process.  It looks to maintain a high level of system resource usage whilst it is going as well. Running it with the GUI tool and from the python console yields the same result.  ArcGIS Pro cannot cancel the task either. So the only way out of it is to use windows task manager to close the application.

Thanks

Phil Barlow

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@PhilipBarlow please be sure to follow the guidance provided in this documentation carefully https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/excel/prepare-to-work-with-excel-in-arcgis-pro.ht... You will need the correct drivers installed to work with Excel documents in ArcGIS Pro, and there have been changes in the requirements with the move to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and .NET 6.

PhilipBarlow
New Contributor

Thanks @KoryKramer!  Sorry, I missed a step I needed one more driver.  All working perfectly now.

Phil

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Awesome - thanks for circling back to confirm!

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Just finished upgrading to Pro 3.0

I must say this it is rare for me that when ESRI makes cosmetic interface changes that I feel the change is actually a good one.  

I like the new look and feel of the launch window

bmberede
New Contributor II

Why does my ArcGIS pro keep freezing...?

• when I try to import a new Map data
  • When I lose internet connection (I use Named User License)

Is this a bug? are there any workaround to stop it from Freezing?

NB: I can still zoom out and zoom in on the Map interface.... But every other button just not clickable. 

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@bmberede a good resource to start troubleshooting is Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro 

MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

I just spent 4 hours digitizing a new feature layer, that I stored in the Default geodatabase. Was having some issues with things displaying, tried to publish the layer to AGOL and got an error. Figured I'd try closing out of the map and opening it again to see if issues would clear up. Saved the map, closed out of it, opened it again, and all of my data that I just spent all morning working on is gone. The default gdb that I originally stored things in is gone, the default gdb that is there is empty. Any suggestions on recovering 4 hours of digitizing, that don't require doing it all over again? Where'd my data go?

PeterHanna
New Contributor

Uninstalled Pro 3 today to go back to 2.9. Was unable to see tables from File Geodatabases, and speed issues. The final straw was when I did a select by attribute and could not get the response that I was looking for. 

Version history
Last update:
‎06-23-2022 02:35 PM
Updated by: