Select to view content in your preferred language

Event Editor: No linear referencing service error

Jump to solution
09-22-2020 07:58 AM
MichaelNigbor1
New Contributor III

I'm unable to build a working Event Editor application. After logging in, I'm getting the following error:

I'm attempting to follow the sparse and possibly outdated instructions here. Clearly, I've missed something important in the configuration and I'm looking for ideas.

The error seems to be saying that the app was unable to find an LRS network to work with.  I've confirmed that the service it's configured to use has an LRS network that I can manipulate with ArcGIS Pro. 

I've created and published a map that includes the LRS Engineering Network along with it's related features, including Redline.  I confirmed that M and Z are disabled in the Redline. Feature editing is enabled.

Fortunately, the server I'm using had a pre-installed Event Editor application because I was unable to find the download using the instructions Event Editor Deployment Guide.  I could not find an Event Editor listed in My Organization -> Downloads.

I'm attaching the config.json file. Here's how I filled in the values mentioned in the config guide:

1. webmap: Set to the ID of the map web map created and published for event editing, obtained from the Portal
  2. portalAppID: Set the the ID for the Event Server application registered with the Portal 
  3.  portalURL: Set to the ArcGIS portal on the same server
  4.  geometryServiceUrl: Set to a local geometry server
  5. allowReconcileAndPost: true
  6. allowChangeVersions: true
  7. allowCreateVersions: true
  8. allowDeleteVersions: true

The login works file, which I think means the portalAppID and portalURL are OK. I think the issue must be with the services in the published webmap.  

I've checked repeatedly, the map has an LRS network:

I'm attaching the config.json file, in case someone can see the mistake.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DuaneWhistle
New Contributor

Yes, we are on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 so we had to revert back to ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 then everything feel into place.

0 Kudos
ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III

thanks heaps - that’s our setup (10.7.1 and trying with pro 2.8). Will revert to 2.5 and have a go. Hugely appreciated.

0 Kudos
sdomzu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I have the same deployment: ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.8. I am going to revert to 2.5 to test it!

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

Maintaining the version compatibility is an important step and will help streamline the configuration process. ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise and the corresponding Event Edit Web App versions must be in sync. A compatibility matrix can be found at  ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing - Useful Resources

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri