How do I maintain CAD COGO Dimensions when using copy-lines-to in Pro Fabric?

04-03-2020 02:56 PM
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hi

In the ArcMap fabric we had a workflow that converted survey CAD linework into a simple line feature class (for the ease of starting a edit session to select all-> copy the lines) that we would copy-paste into the parcel construction dialog.  This would maintain the surveyed/recorded COGO values of the lines and perpetuate them in the fabric record data.  Is there a similar workflow to this in Pro?  Ideally, it would be to skip the conversion to feature class and just use the CAD linework -> georeference it -> copy-lines-to and preserve the measurements.  Also, the CAD data are all drawn in local coordinates.

If I copy-lines-to the CAD lines at the local coordinates that they were drawn then update the COGO, the metes and bounds are exactly as they were entered (yay!)...but...the big problem is when I add CAD lines to Pro, georeference it to my desired area, copy-lines-to to the plan, then update the COGO, there are slight changes in the metes and bounds record measurements and all is lost (recorded measurement accuracy anyway).  I'm I able to preserve these with any other workflow?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Go Ween!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try this:

1. Copy CAD at local coordinates
  2. Update COGO
  3. Use Transform

If you haven't used Transform before, it's basically georeferencing but for vector data. But it would only alter the geometry, not the attributes, such as your COGO.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos