Failed to paste. SDE or DBMS admin user cannot create a parcel fabric

Jump to solution
08-14-2023 12:56 PM
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a parce fabric created in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and I want to add it to an ArcGIS enterprise Geodatabase 3.1

My enterprise is 11.1 and my pro 3.1 and my SQL Server version 13.0.1601.5 (2016), my portal user has assigned a parcel fabric license

I am following this instructions using sde user https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItrKAKqvENs&t=330s doing a copy from my FGDB and a paste to my SQL Geodatabase using sde connection. 

but when I try to copy and paste or use copy parcels using the same sde connection I receive this error "Failed to paste. SDE or DBMS admin user cannot create a parcel fabric"

sde.png

usually to create new data i use gisadmin user (gis_owner) should I use this user instead sde? i did a test creating a new parcel fabric using right click on my dataset > new> parcel fabric and I got the same error. y sde user has sde schema and my gis owner user has gisadmin schema. am i following the right steps?

Regards,

DIego Llamas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

It looks like the gisadmin user may have some elevated privileges. Please try copying the fabric with a database authenticated user that has only basic editing privileges.

CREATE FUNCTION

CREATE SEQUENCE

CREATE TABLE

CREATE VIEW

Here is the doc describing the enterprise geodatabase user requirements for parcel fabrics:

• The feature dataset in an enterprise geodatabase must be from a database connection established as a database authenticated user. This user must have database privileges to create content and cannot be an OS-authenticated, the database administrator, or the geodatabase administrator account. The connected user becomes the parcel fabric owner and administrator.

Create a parcel fabric—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Thanks,

Ken

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

It looks like the gisadmin user may have some elevated privileges. Please try copying the fabric with a database authenticated user that has only basic editing privileges.

CREATE FUNCTION

CREATE SEQUENCE

CREATE TABLE

CREATE VIEW

Here is the doc describing the enterprise geodatabase user requirements for parcel fabrics:

• The feature dataset in an enterprise geodatabase must be from a database connection established as a database authenticated user. This user must have database privileges to create content and cannot be an OS-authenticated, the database administrator, or the geodatabase administrator account. The connected user becomes the parcel fabric owner and administrator.

Create a parcel fabric—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Thanks,

Ken

DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ken for reply, I did a test using my gis_owner user and I was able to copy my dataset but I think that user is not the one I need to use to copy my data to the geodatabase. so, if I understand correclty documentation, I can use my gis_ownser (gisadmin) user wich is a database user to copy my data. that is ok, right?  i do not need to use SDE user, my gis_ownser user is ok to copy data?

I did a test and i was able to copy using gis_owner and I add parcel fabric to a map and it open fine

PArcel.png If i did not use the correct user, can i have problems later? i will create a service parcel and i will do some test and see how it behave.

thanks,

DLL

0 Kudos
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

As long as the gisadmin user does not have any elevated permissions you should be able to copy the data. Look out for things like "sysadmin" or "db_owner". Those roles will alter the schema name and cause the error you saw.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Ok, so I am fine, thanks Ken!