Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing parcel lines

09-08-2023 04:21 PM
Labels (1)
JessicaM
Emerging Contributor

Greetings,

I am trying to flush out how to do a map edit in Pro Parcel Fabric. Is there a way to edit two coincident parcel boundary lines at the same time? In ArcMap for example, screen shot below, if I needed the angled line to be the same bearing as the rest of the line, I would select both parcels, right click in Parcel Editor, and use the construct from parent option to make those lines un-buildable. Then in a new line, I'd enter in the correct bearing and chord to override the original COGO. 

In Pro, I've played around using Trace Lines within the COGO tool, but I was unable to trace in both parcels. What would be the best way to perform this type of map edit? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jessica

JessicaM_0-1694215147792.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Knowing ArcMap parcel editing can be a disadvantage when learning how to edit parcels in ArcGIS Pro:

1. Between 2 adjacent parcels, you can have one shared boundary line - no need to duplicate lines.
  2. You can edit any features directly and use any editing tool. For example, you can select the small lime you want to get rid of and delete it, then use extend/trim to extend the existing line or the edit vertices tool.
  3. For your example, using the Merge Parcel Points tool might also work. It can collapse courses and a great preview to show the outcome.

If you haven't done it yet, taking the training course might be a good idea.

0 Kudos