Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot remove unwanted vertex from parcel line(s)

08-19-2022 10:18 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am currently attempting to clean-up our parcel data. One component of this clean-up process includes removing unnecessary and/or unwanted vertices from parcel lines. For the most part, I have been able to successfully remove said vertices. However, in some instances the vertices reappear after validating topology  and  I am confused as to why this is happening.

I have been removing the unwanted vertices using one of two processes. One, shrink parcel and delete the vertice(s) from the appropriate parcel line and rebuild parcel. Repeat the process for any parcels and/or line(s) that are coincident and/or shared. For the other process, I shrink the parcel, redraw the erroneous lines, rebuild the parcel. In this scenario I also copy and paste the corrected line(s) to any other parcels that are coincident and/or shared.

Both of the above processes work but once I validate topology the unwanted vertices reappear despite not being present in the lines or polygons prior to validating. I have attached screen captures to illustrate what is happening. I want to reiterate that I am also removing the erroneous vertex and/or vertices from any shared line and shrinking and rebuilding those parcels too. 

Any guidance, suggestions, or assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

@DenverBillingI just ran into this issue with an editor yesterday and your post helped me solve it. Thank you. We are changing are workflows so that the very first thing an editor does is run the SLACA tool (love that acronym) against all parcel types in the area.

0 Kudos