Select to view content in your preferred language

arcgis parcel fabric year wise active parcel view

a month ago
Labels (1)
DevakalaiselvanS
New Contributor III

Currently, several packages have had modifications done with new records. I would like to see only the active parcels of all types of records at that specific moment and date. Does anyone know if this can be done with parcel fabric? Please suggestion me some input. thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bonelso2
New Contributor

Please, please, please let me know if you find anything. I'm currently in the process of switching and I'm very overwhelmed because I'm the only person doing parcel editing for the City. I've noticed the same things as you - all the examples are with pristine data.

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but it will take some prep work.

The date a parcel is retired or created is on the records table, which you can link to through the record globalID fields. But to temporally filter the parcel layer, that field needs to be in the parcel layer itself. Here are a few approaches:

Create a Join

Just join your parcels and records layer using the appropriate fields, and the recordation date will come in, and you can then filter the table.

Populate a Real Field

You can create fields in your parcels layer to hold the record information. Though redundant, it does make the parcel layer more useful by itself.

You can use a Field Calculation to pull in the right attribute from the records table, or you can create an attribute rule to do this automatically whenever a record feature is edited. We have an attribute rule for this, and I can share it if you like.

Use a Query Layer

If you are using an Enterprise GeoDatabase, you can execute SQL to join the record attributes to the parcel features "on the way in". Directly querying a layer with branch version is not as simple as you might hope, but it's doable. We have an expression for that, too, if you're using PostgreSQL.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

If you decide to go the join route with SQL, as @jcarlson mentioned above, querying branch versioned features requires some extra logic. See the link below describing how to join an outside table to a parcel type feature class. The Records feature class can be used instead. Once the structure of the join is built, the result can be further filtered on a date.

-- Filter from sub result set
AND a.RetiredByRecord IS NULL
AND a.IsSeed <> 1
AND a.create_date = '2023-07-13 16:12:55.473'

Query Branch Versioned Parcels - Esri Community