Control Line for Parcel Editor

01-11-2013 11:39 AM
JonathanMcDowell1
Occasional Contributor

It would be nice to have the ability to add a line that controls boundaries of parcels.  There are instances where there is a line or boundary that other deeds call or surveys call.  This line is set and cannot move.  If it moves then other boundaries to that line moves.  Some types of lines that would fall in this category are PLSS boundaries, road center lines, or a boundary with multiple references in several deeds.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
AmirBar-Maor

Amy Andis‌ - FYI.

A requirement for a 'Fixed Line'

AmirBar-Maor

A line that is connected to fixed points in Pro will stay fixed. Fixed points are constraint using an Attribute Rule constraint rule.

AmirBar-Maor

@JonathanMcDowell1 

Did you get a chance to review the attribute rule SHAPE IS FIXED that is shipped with ArcGIS Pro 2.8?

A line can be held fixed  by having the points on its 2 extremities flagged as fixed (IsFixed = 'Yes').

Does this satisfy the business requirement behind this idea?

JonathanMcDowell1

I have not. I will test it out sometime this week. I will let you know.

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Implemented

This can be achieved by marking the 2 points at the end of the line as fixed.

Thinking out loud:

If the solution above is not good enough why not apply the same attribute rules on lines?

Using the same Attribute Rule constraint that is used on the points and trying to transfer it to the lines will not work: lines are to be cracked when the topology is validated or when parcel alignment occurs. Potentially a different attribute rule for lines could be used that does not use $OriginalFeature and instead compares the 'simplified' geometry of the feature with the simplified geometry of the $OriginalFeature.