'Zoom to' layer not working on map viewer

03-21-2022 06:16 AM
Labels (1)
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

I've set up a number of features (simple points and lines) within multiple layers (within group layers) on my ArcGIS Online map. Within Map Viewer, whenever i go to Layer and click on 'Zoom to', I expect the map to zoom in to the small area the features are within (e.g a postcode in London), however the map zooms out to larger than the entire world. When the same is tried on map viewer classic, it works fine.

16 Replies
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

That would be very handy thanks. Could you add to the group and provide a step-by-step on how to complete it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Opened the web map in Pro, used model builder to iterate through the layers and use the tool Feature to Graphics.  Publishing up a sample to the group now and you can download the SD file to publish your own copy to the org. 

0 Kudos
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

Thanks Russel, found the files in the folder. Do i need ArcGIS pro to be able to complete these steps? My organisation only purchased the online version of ArcGIS.

0 Kudos
neomapper
Occasional Contributor

We're experiencing the same issue with the new map viewer. We select a layer in the search bar, query for a key valve, select one and then get zoomed out to the furthest extent. 

0 Kudos
DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

It looks like this has been recorded as a known issue now.

WIGS
by
New Contributor

Hello is there any information of this or possible solution?

0 Kudos
neomapper
Occasional Contributor

I don't believe this was fixed.

0 Kudos